When I was 16 years old，a boy gave me an important gift.It was a __31__.
That year，my___32__ moved to a new city and I went to a new vocational school.I was very __33__，and afraid to make friends with anyone.Every time I heard __34__ students talking and laughing，I felt my heart __35__.
Then __36__ a boy entered the classroom.He passed me and then turned back.He looked at me，__37__ a word，a smile.
Suddenly I felt the touch of __38__bright and friendly.It made me feel___39__，lively and warm.That smile changed my life.Day by day，I became closer to everyone in my class.So smile at the world __40__ it will smile back.
31. A.smile B.book C.pencil D.hug
32. A.father B.mother C.friends D.family
33. A.alone B.moved C.excited D.lonely
34. A.other B.others C.the other D.the others
35. A.broken B.break C.broke D.be broken
36. A.once B.one day C.another day D.in a day
37. A.with B.for C.without D.against
38. A.everything B.anything C.nothing D.something
39. A.sad B.happy C.boring D.interested
40. A.so B.but C.and D.thus
A poor farmer had a friend who was famous for the wonderful apple trees he grew.One day，his friend__41__ the farmer a young apple tree.
The farmer was pleased with the gift，but when he got home he did not know__42__to plant it.
He was afraid that if he planted the tree near the road, strangers would__43__the fruit.If he planted the tree in one of his fields，his neighbors would come __44__ and steal some of the apples.If he planted the tree near his house，his children would take the __45__.
Finally he planted the tree in his woods where __46__ could see it.But without sunlight and good soil，the tree soon __47__.
Later the friend asked the farmer why he planted the tree in such a__48___place.“What’s the difference?”the farmer said angrily.“__49__ I planted the tree，I couldn’t get apples in the end.”
“Yes，”said the friend，“__50__ at least someone could have enjoyed the fruit.Now you get nothing.”
41. A.took B.bought C.brought D.gave
42. A.where B.when C.what D.how
43. A.put B.steal C.plant D.look
44. A.in day B.at night C.every day D.every night
45. A.tree B.drink C.fruit D.leaves
46. A.neighbors B.children C.everybody D.no one
47. A.died B.grew C.planted D.became strong
48. A.good B.poor C.beautiful D.wonderful
49. A.Wherever B.Whatever C.Whenever D.However
50. A.so B.and C.but D.that